News Details

F1 agrees head protection plan for 2017

Cockpit head protection will be introduced into Formula 1 in 2017, the sport's bosses agreed on Tuesday. A meeting of the rule-making F1 Commission approved plans to adopt a structure to protect drivers from debris, sources at governing body the FIA said. A new elimination-style qualifying format, with the slowest drivers knocked out in succession, could also be introduced this year. Details have not been released. A deadline for rules to make faster cars in 2017 has been delayed until 30 April. All the changes still need to be rubber-stamped by the final step of the legislative process, the FIA World Council. Hello to the 'halo' The FIA told teams earlier this month that it wanted to...
Full Story »
10y ago from BBC.co.uk 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Daniel Ricciardo says F1 drivers back the Halo head...

Daniel Ricciardo says Formula 1 drivers would welcome the introduction of...
10y ago from GrandPrixTimes.com

Red Bull to propose alternative to Halo canopy concept

Red Bull is to propose an alternative to Mercedes' Halo canopy...
10y ago from GrandPrixTimes.com

Ricciardo: Drivers want head protection

Days ahead of the opening test that kick-starts F1 2016, Daniel Ricciardo...
10y ago from Pitpass.com

Universal support for halo canopy protection Ricciardo

Daniel Ricciardo says no driver to his knowledge has spoken out against...
10y ago from Crash.net

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Red Bull driver set for potential shock IndyCar switch...

Yuki Tsunoda has been out of Formula 1 since being demoted by Red Bull at...

Will Power thought reaching the podium in Markham was...

Will Power finished IndyCar’s inaugural Markham event on the final step...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Aston Villa identify Chelsea defender as potential...

Aston Villa are reportedly eyeing Chelsea defender Tosin Adarabioyo as a...
47m ago from SportsKeeda.com

Gabriel Jesus makes stance clear on potential Arsenal...

Gabriel Jesus is not open to leaving Arsenal for Napoli amid links to the...
47m ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal agree £50m deal to sign England defender Ezri...

Arsenal have agreed a £50million fee with Aston Villa to sign Ezri Konsa,...
3h ago from FreshArsenal.com

Premier League ins and outs - the confirmed deals so...

The summer transfer window opened on June 15 and closes at 11pm UK time on...
3h ago from SkySports.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.